Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Outreach and break

Wow! it has been a while. Outreach was busy. The team I was on spent two weeks in Singida. I thought it was horrible. I was sick nearly the entire time and was struggling to do anything with the broken arm. It has since healed and I don't seem to have any lasting effects.

After two weeks, we moved from Singida to Usa River for a week and then to another small village near by. The last two weeks were fun and I really enjoyed getting to know the people. We did a lot of door to door ministry and some seminars. It was a good but tough experience.

We returned to one week of school left and then graduated. Following graduation, I went on a trip with some friends from my class for a week and a half. We traveled all the way to the south of Tanzania and back. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I didn't take the travel doctors advise about staying out of fresh water. I went swimming and got sick again. Ugh...

I recovered and spent two weeks with the team from CTK when they were here. I really enjoyed the medical and orphan ministries that we did. And it was nice to see people from home. Though, I have to admit it was a bit weird and odd to not feel a part of the team.

The day before CTK left for Nairobi, I left on another trip. I have been staying for the last two weeks with a friends family in southern Tanzania. It has been really relaxing but once again, I ran into problems with my health. I ended up with an abcess on my leg and had to go to the hospital here. I have had to go a few times to have it checked and have the incision cleaned.

I am leaving to return to Arusha on Friday. I will be starting school again on Monday. At this point, I am planning to make a trip back to the states sometime in late Feb or early March. Hope to see many of you then.

I may or may not be able to recover my photos from the first 5 months. I had my computer fixed and the photos may be lost forever. If I do recover them, I will try to upload a couple of them.

No comments: