Monday, April 13, 2009

Weeks 4 & 5













Wow! Weeks 4 & 5 are gone already. That means that school is 1/4 over. We spent week 4 in Enkikaret. It was amazing. I really enjoyed the prayer times in the middle of 'nowhere' in the desert. God gave me the opportunity to bury a lot of things there and I am so grateful for that. I got to go with some friends one night to buy goats from the family of the one friend. We had so much fun, but had to walk back in the dark with no flashlight. The last night in Enkikaret we butchered and ate the two goats that our class purchased. It was really fun.
Week 5 was fun. We had a great speaker and her topic was Godly relationships, so you can imagine how fun that was in a group of mostly young singles. The weekend has been really fun. One of my friends and I spent Saturday shopping to have a surprise birthday party for another friend. The party was today after church and we had a lot of fun.
Please keep praying. I am understanding what my ministry is going to be but still uncertain if I am to do it here in Tanzania or in the states. Please pray for clarity and discernment as opportunities present themselves. Please also pray for our outreach the next two weeks. We are doing an outreach in the local community. Please pray for my health. Just today, I have gotten sick. My stomach is really having issues.
The photos are the boys butchering the goat we purchased, me holding dinner, and a shepard boy we met. Sorry, I don’t have any pics of the birthday party yet. I forgot my camera and have to get them from a friend next week.

Happy Easter!

No comments: